Hover Helicopters Terms & Conditions – Helicopter experience and pleasure flying
- Hover Helicopters Ltd does not undertake flight operations, but provides a brokerage service to several operators.
- All flights will be undertaken by CAA certified operators
- Pleasure flights will be undertaken by a CAA approved Air Operators Certificate (AOC) holder
- Experience flights will be undertaken by a CAA Approved Training Organisation (ATOs)
- Flights are subject to weather conditions and aircraft serviceability and as a result, flights are subject to cancellation at short notice. Hover Helicopters Ltd will not be held responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation or any other associated costs should your flight be cancelled for any reason, including aircraft non-serviceability or poor weather.
- Before embarking on your journey to the venue, you must contact Whizzard Helicopters on the day of your flight to check if the flight will be going ahead by calling their landline number 01938 555860. There will be an answer machine message which will give you the required information.
- If your flight is going ahead, please arrive approx. 15 minutes before your flight time to allow for booking you in and running you through a quick flight briefing
- Please be aware - if you're late - we can't wait!!
- Hover Helicopters reserve the right to postpone an event due to lack of participants. A minimum age of 14 years is required for Helicopter Experiences & Passengers under 12 years old must be accompanied by a fare paying adult for a pleasure flight
- Strict weight restrictions apply - please contact us before your flight if above 16 Stone / 102Kgs.
- You must remember to bring along your printed voucher/invoice with you on the day, as the flight cannot go ahead without it.
- Please note: Printed email copies of communications between either party will not be accepted as your flight voucher. Your flight voucher will either have been emailed or sent to you via post. This is the only documentation we can accept as proof of purchase of the flight. Failure to produce a printed version of the voucher will result in your flight not being taken on the day and thus, we cannot re-book you onto another flight at a later date.
- Refunds can be made on unused vouchers bought direct from Hover Helicopters within 14 days of delivery. Where dates have already been confirmed as booked with an experience venue, refunds within 14 days are subject to their cancellation policy.
- Refunds are always made to the person who purchased the voucher, and if originally purchased by credit or debit card, the refund will be credited to the same card, or in some cases by cheque.
- It is possible to transfer the voucher to another passenger providing we are notified in writing at least 24 hours before the flight.
- It should be noted that any participants failing to take their confirmed flight render the voucher invalid, unless written notice of cancellation has been given prior to 7 days before the flight is taking place. In the event of the flight being cancelled by us, then your flight voucher remains valid until the expiry date shown and will be rebooked for a mutually convenient date.
- a. Once confirmed you will be UNABLE to change your booking within 7 days of the event date.
- If your flight has been cancelled and the voucher has expired, we allow a 6 week 'grace' period for the customers to rebook.
- Hover Helicopters Ltd shall not be held liable for any expenses incurred from flight cancellations due to operational circumstances.
- For obvious reasons, all participants should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the medical advice of their GP.
- The Captain of the aircraft, can (at their own discretion) refuse any person on board the aircraft if he/she suspects them to have consumed alcohol or illegal substances/drugs within the previous 24 hours.
- We aim to depart all flights on time but due to unforeseen circumstances delays may occur, for late flight departures you must allow up to 90 minutes from your booking in time.
- All quoted flight times or durations and routes are approximate and may vary on the day of the flight due to volume of air traffic or other operational reasons.
- The advertised flight route may be altered due to airspace restrictions imposed by Air Traffic Control, or for unforeseen circumstances outside our control.
- Participants wishing to take cameras and other photographic equipment on the flight do so entirely at their own risk.
- Cameras and mobile phones for non-commercial photography are permitted on board the helicopter but Go-Pro cameras are not permitted in the co-pilot front seat. Tablets or similarly large recording devices are not permitted in any seat.
- NO photography is permitted by passenger’s whist walking to/from the helicopter.
- NO handbags/rucksacks/camera bags are permitted on board the helicopter.
- The company reserves the right to alter any take-off location at its discretion due to operational circumstances.
- A fuel surcharge may be applicable at the point of booking if the price of aviation fuel is affected by any changes in EU Tax regulations or any other significant increase within the UK exceeding 10% during the voucher validity.
- Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of passengers, neither the owner/operator of the aircraft nor Hover Helicopters can be held liable for loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- Please be aware - if you're late - we can't wait!!!
Directions for specific locations:
Aintree Racecourse, Ormskirk Road, Aintree, Liverpool, L9 5AS
When you arrive at the racecourse, please go to the main entrance and through the barrier. Security may ask to see your voucher to gain entry. Turn right, and follow the signs that take you past the Stands to the large parking area. Your flight will take place from the centre of the racecourse, which is 5 minutes’ walk from the parking area. You cannot drive into the centre of the course, and please use the ‘sand crossing’, which is past the grounds man’s buildings, to walk to the central area.
Manchester City Airport Barton, Liverpool Road, Eccles, Manchester, M30 7RU
Park in the main car park, and look for Whizzard Helicopters flags that will be opposite the car park entrance.
Craig-y-Dderwen, The Riverside Hotel, Betws-y-Coed, Snowdonia, LL24 0AS
Please locate Whizzard Helicopters staff who will be by the main Hotel entrance. Please do not continue down towards the helicopter embarkation point before booking in.
Mid Wales Airport, Trehelig, Welshpool, SY21 8SG (sat nav postcode SY21 8RS)
Park in the public car park, and follow the signs to Reception, and then to Whizzard Helicopters. Welshpool Airport is an active airfield, and visitors must keep to designated areas and are not allowed into hangars or on to aircraft movement areas unescorted.
Cardiff Heliport, Foreshore Road, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF10 4LZ
Park in the public car park and walk into the reception area to find Whizzard Helicopters staff.